Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Evangelion

It was always about power.
Your need for greed drives you on through the long haul
A rock climb over the backs of the less intelligent
To reach your sacred top.
To win you sin
And as your crowds raise up the din
You smile
With that burning fire
A smolder in your eye
They die
Day by day
For your Truth, your Justice, your Sacred Flame
Your God.
But what if I would tell you that
you, like I, know nothing
None about that sacred power, that endless eternity that
Binds all things
Whose desires you claim to know so much about.
And now I’m trapped by your
Sacred Conquest
A prisoner of the War Against
Modernity.
There are those who’d say “I’m sorry.”
Those who’d pity you and look down on you and your 
Primitivity 
With kind sadness.
I give you no such sympathy.
You cite your holy gospel of kindness and goodwill
And spread an Evangelion of hatred.
But unlike your holy lord, I am not full of mercy.
And I say you do know what you do.
You do not deserve my pity,
And I hope you burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment